Advantage Account: A combined chequing and savings account with high interest
Start earning a high interest rate on all your money with a combined chequing and savings account that gives you:
- 2.40% on all your money, until August 31, 2018*
- The flexibility of a chequing account with the interest rate of a savings account
- Free unlimited everyday banking transactions with a minimum $1,000 balance
- Bank anywhere, anytime with online & mobile banking
- Access your money at over 3,700 ABMs across Canada
Personal Finance Columnist, Rob Carrick says this account
"may be the most useful savings account in Canada."
With our combined, high-interest Advantage Account you get the flexibility you need to bank the way you want
Features and Benefits:
- A higher interest rate: Watch your money grow faster with high interest** on all deposits – even the money that is only there for the short-term.
- Unlimited transactions: Unlimited and free. That’s always nice to hear about your bank account. No monthly account fee and when you maintain a minimum balance of $1,000 in your Advantage Account we’ll give you free transactions1 – oh yes, we said free.
- Easy withdrawals at ABMs: Get cash fast at over 3,700 automatic banking machines (ABMs) across the country. THE EXCHANGE® Network2 is one of the largest ABM networks in Canada and you’ll be a part of it with Manulife Bank. See for yourself – find an ABM near you.
- Mobile Banking App: Now you can bank on-the-go because banking apps aren’t just for checking your account balances. With Manulife Bank Mobile, you can deposit cheques3, send e-transfers and pay bills. Start banking anywhere, at any time when you download Manulife Bank Mobile from the App Store or Google Play.
- Online banking: No branch required. Through our secure online banking website you can check account balances, transfer money with Interac® e-Transfer4 and so much more, it’s all at your fingertips.
- A debit card: You’ll receive a Manulife Bank debit card with Interac Flash® that allows you to quickly make purchases and withdraw cash at our network of ABMs.
- We’re here for you: We may be a digital bank, but you can still call us every day and we promise to pick up the phone. We’re here 365 days a year – even on holidays.
*To qualify for this offer, a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account must be applied for and opened by August 19th. The promotional annual interest rate which is currently 2.40% is made up of the regular posted variable interest rate of 1.25% and the variable annual promotional rate of 1.15% calculated daily and paid monthly until August 31st on net new deposits (funds not currently held in a Manulife Bank account) received by August 19th up to a maximum of $250,000. The offer and rates are as of April 9, 2018 and subject to change without notice. Any change to the regular posted variable interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other promotional rate offers. Visit our terms and conditions for full terms and conditions and for our current rates.
Manulife Bank is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), which means your deposits are eligible for CDIC deposit insurance protection. Visit cdic.ca for information on eligible deposits.
1 Everyday banking fees for ABM cash withdrawals, Interac direct payments (debit), Interac e-Transfer and bill payments are waived when the account balance is $1,000 or more. All other everyday withdrawal and deposit transactions are free at any balance. Other convenience fees may apply to withdrawals made at ABMs that are not part of THE EXCHANGE® Network.
2 THE EXCHANGE® is a registered trademark owned by Fiserv Inc., licensed for use in Canada by FICANEX Services Limited Partnership. Manulife Bank of Canada is an authorized user of the mark.
3 This feature is available exclusively through mobile banking. If you deposit a cheque from a U.S.-based financial institution, the cheque will be subject to a 30-day holding period.
4 Please review our Interac e-Transfer limits.