Shouldn’t your bank account work the way you want – meeting either your everyday banking needs, your savings needs – or both? We think so too.
With an Advantage Account, you have the flexibility to bank the way you choose. Every dollar in the account is always earning a high rate of interest to increase your savings; and the chequing account provides convenient access to your money anytime.
What you get with your account
1. Everyday bank account makes managing your money easy!
By opening an Advantage Account, you’ll receive:
- A Manulife Bank card with Interac Flash® technology that allows you to make debit purchases, and bank at more than 3,500 automated banking machines (ABM) across Canada that are part of THE EXCHANGE® Network - the second largest ABM network in the country.
- Online, mobile and telephone banking services that allow you to, for example:
Check out the full list of account services. Please keep in mind, some transactions, such as withdrawals, include service charges. However, you'll receive unlimited, free everyday banking - including Interac® e-Transfers - when you have a balance of $5,000 or more in your account.4
2. Savings account helps you build your balance - quickly!
If you're focused on building your savings, an Advantage Account can help, offering:
- A high interest rate on every dollar in your account - higher than rates offered by most financial institutions.
- Easy access to your money - all the time.
- Safety: Manulife Bank is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), which means your deposits are eligible5 for CDIC deposit insurance protection.
- Free money transfers1: No matter your balance, you can move money back and forth between your Advantage Account and your account(s) at other Canadian Financial institutions - free of charge.
Contact your advisor to open an Advantage Account now. If you don't have an advisor and would like to work with one, we can help.
1 When making online transfers, the currency must be consistent. Transfers may be between two Canadian-dollar accounts or between two U.S.-dollar accounts only.
2 This feature is available exclusively through mobile banking. If you deposit a cheque from a U.S.-based financial institution, the cheque will be subject to a 30-day holding period.
3 Please review our Interac e-Transfer limits.
4 Everyday banking fees for ABM cash withdrawals, Interac direct payments (debit), Interac e-Transfer and bill payments are waived when the account balance is $5,000 or more. All other everyday withdrawal and deposit transactions are free at any balance. Other convenience fees may apply to withdrawals made at ABMs that are not part of THE EXCHANGE® Network and direct-payment purchases using your Manulife Bank card. Visit manulifebank.ca for additional details.
5Visit cdic.ca for information on eligible deposits.