This calculator lets you determine your Investment Loan's potential monthly payment. Read the definitions below and then complete the fields in the "Calculator" section of this page.
1. Monthly Payment AmountA monthly principal loan repayment is a strategy for ensuring an investment loan is fully repaid prior to the time you plan to access the investment. It's very important to have a strategy for repaying an Investment Loan as loan payments cannot be funded by withdrawals from the investment. The monthly payment is comprised of equal principal amounts plus variable interest.
2. Principal Loan AmountInvesting a larger amount all at once using an Investment Loan, rather than making a series of small contributions over a long period of time, could allow for a much larger investment to grow throughout your full investment period - which may generate a larger long-term return.
3. Loan TermThe loan term selected should align with your investment strategy so that the loan is repaid prior to the time you plan to access the investment.
4. Interest RateThe interest rate can help you determine the monthly loan payment that is required to service the loan.
Enter your loan amount, term and interest rate and select "Calculate" to obtain your estimated first monthly payment.
(1) Principal and Interest payments are comprised of equal principal amounts plus variable interest.
This calculator is for educational and illustrative purposes only. The projected amounts are not guaranteed and are based on estimates and assumptions entered by the user. Manulife Bank does not assume any liability for the accuracy of the information contained herein. You should not rely on the results as an indication of your financial needs. We recommend that you seek your own legal, accounting, tax or professional advice. Any information is neither intended to be, nor should be construed to be, investment or legal advice, or an endorsement of any particular method of investing. The deduction of advisory fees, brokerage or other commissions and any other expenses that would have been paid may not be reflected in the calculation results.
Borrowing to invest may be appropriate only for investors with higher risk tolerance. You should be fully aware of the risks and benefits associated with investment loans since losses as well as gains may be magnified. Preferred candidates are those willing to invest for the long term and not averse to increased risk. The value of your investment will vary and is not guaranteed; however, you must meet your loan and income tax obligations and repay the loan in full. Please ensure you read the terms of your loan agreement and the investment details for important information. Manulife Bank of Canada solely acts in the capacity of lender and loan administrator and does not provide investment advice of any nature to individuals or advisors. The dealer and advisor are responsible for determining the appropriateness of investments for their clients and informing them of the risks associated with borrowing to invest.