Manulife Bank RRSP Loans
Don’t have extra money to put into your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)?
If you've missed making your contribution in previous years, an RRSP loan can help put your retirement savings back on track today while boosting your plan's long-term growth potential.
An RRSP loan can help you realize tax savings, increase the eventual size of your RRSP and help motivate you to stick to your savings plan.
Put a RRSP to work for you
Whether your retirement dreams involve travel, helping your children establish themselves, pursuing a passion or something entirely different, an RRSP is one of the best tools for making your dreams a reality. With a Manulife Bank RRSP Loan you can:
- Top up your RRSP and reduce your unused contribution room.
- Increase your plan's growth potential through the power of compounding. The larger your initial investment and the longer it remains invested, the greater your investment could grow.
- Help reduce your taxes now.
- Establish a disciplined savings routine.
- Defer your first loan payment by 120 days, which can give you time to apply your tax refund towards your RRSP loan to help reduce your loan balance. (Interest continues to accrue during the 120-day deferral period.)
With the help of your advisor, taking care of your RRSP contribution is easier than ever.
Real value for your RRSP dollar
Manulife Bank's RRSP Loan program offers you real value through:
- Loan amounts up to $26,010 on our standard RRSP loan program and up to $150,000 on our RRSP Accelerator Loan program.
- 120-day payment deferral option available on 1 and 2 year term standard RRSP loans
- Loan terms up to 10 years available to ease cash flow
- Loan approvals in seconds, based on your good credit history on our standard RRSP loan program (i.e. loan terms up to 2 years and loan amounts up to $26,010).
- No fees to apply, change payment dates or make lump sum payments.
- An attractive floating interest rate.
See how quickly your money can grow
Wondering what difference a $5,000, $10,000 or larger annual contribution could make on the long-term growth potential of your RRSP? Our RRSP Calculator can help you determine exactly how much closer an RRSP Loan could bring you to realizing your retirement dreams. See how quickly your money can grow by investing in your future with a Manulife Bank RRSP Loan. Manulife Bank's RRSP loans, can be used to purchase Manulife Bank's Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs), Registered Advantage Account; Manulife Investments' Guaranteed Interest Contracts (GICs), mutual fund contracts, segregated fund contracts, and funds in Manulife Securities' Nominee Name Accounts
To find out more about Manulife Bank's RRSP loans:
*Manulife Bank RRSP loans are only available through advisors.
Borrowing to invest in an RRSP may not be appropriate for everyone. You will need the financial means to meet your loan obligations. In addition, investments held in an RRSP may fluctuate in value. You should be aware that regardless of the performance or value of any investments held in your RRSP, you will be required to meet your loan obligations in full. Talk to your advisor to find out more about the advantages and obligations of borrowing to invest. Manulife Bank of Canada solely acts in the capacity of lender and loan administrator and does not provide investment advice of any nature to individuals or advisors.