With Manulife One, you get much more than a mortgage. Your account gives you the flexibility to respond to opportunities and challenges as you work towards your financial goals. To start taking full advantage of Manulife One right away:
- Bank with peace of mind: set up direct deposit to know that your mortgage payments are always covered. To do this, print a void cheque from your online account, then submit the cheque and this direct deposit form to your payroll administrator
- Repay your other loans: use your Manulife One account to pay off other loans, and benefit from generally lower interest rates
- Pay bills with ease: make bill payments and track all of your expenses within your Manulife One account. Want to make life even easier? Automate all of your payments with this pre-authorized payment tracker
- Put your money to work: have money in other chequing or savings accounts? Move that cash into your Manulife One account so every dollar immediately reduces your debt
- Keep track of every step with this checklist.
Find out more about your account from the Manulife One client guide.
Using your Manulife One account
Getting your Manulife One account up and running is easy, but you do need some basic information about access, fees, statements, and sub-accounts to get started.
Access your Manulife One account
Your $16.95 monthly fee ($9.95 monthly fee if you’re over age 60) covers the following transactions – and we’ll waive the monthly fee when you have a positive balance of $5,000 or more in your account at the end of the month:
- Online, mobile, and telephone banking services
- Deposits in Canadian dollars
- Deposits and withdrawals at eligible ABMs in Canada on THE EXCHANGE® Network1
- Purchases made with your debit card in Canada1
- Bill payments
- Pre-authorized payments
- Money transfers between accounts
- Cheque writing in Canadian dollars
In addition, maintain a positive balance of $5,000 or more in your account and we'll waive the monthly fees, as well as fees for the following transactions:
- Transactions at bank machines in Canada that aren't on THE EXCHANGE® Network
- Purchases made with your debit card outside Canada1
- Interac® e-Transfers
Read more detailed information about Manulife One fees.
You will receive a monthly statement electronically or by mail – it’s your choice. If you didn’t choose a statement type when you opened your account, we will send your statement by mail. You can change the type of statement you receive anytime using online banking or by calling us at 1-877-765-2265. Please review your statement each month and call us right away if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
You can also log into online banking anytime to see your transactions over the past two years.
- A tracking sub-account lets you track a portion of your debt and the interest you pay on it separately – for example, if you lend money to a family member or borrow to invest
- A term sub-account lets you lock in some of your debt with predictable monthly payments – you can choose either a variable or fixed interest rate
Here’s an example that shows how a family may use tracking and term sub-accounts to achieve their goals:
- Value of home: $250,000
- Borrowing limit: $200,000 (80% of value of home)
- Borrowed amount: $180,000
The family sets up a tracking sub-account so they have a separate record of interest paid on a $50,000 investment loan. They must allocate $37,500 (the amount over 65% of the value of their home) to a term sub-account.2 They set up a second term sub-account for half the remaining balance in their main account ($46,250) to lock in a fixed interest rate and protect themselves against future interest rate increases. For illustration purposes only.
Learn how to set up a Manulife One tracking sub-account or term sub-account online.
Enhance your account
Did you know adding products that complement your Manulife One account can help provide extra protection and flexibility?
Mortgage life insurance
Make sure your debt isn’t a top concern following death, disability or job loss. Mortgage life insurance 3 can help preserve your family’s financial stability, and we base your premiums on your outstanding account balance. This means as you pay down your debt, your premiums decrease. Here’s what’s covered:
- Life insurance pays the lesser of the average outstanding month-end balance over the previous 12 months or the outstanding balance on the date of death, to a maximum of $500,000
- Disability and job loss insurance pays the monthly interest charged to your account the month before the disability or job loss plus the minimum monthly principal payments in any fixed rate sub-accounts, to a maximum of $3,500 – and keeps up the payments for 24 months fora disability and six months for a job loss
To apply, call 1-844-239-4677. Try it out for up to 60 days and, if you decide to cancel, we’ll refund your premiums.
ManulifeMONEY+TM Visa* credit cards
Earn cash back rewards on every purchase4 and save money on your Manulife One account. With either card, we’ll waive your Manulife One monthly fee for the first 12 months. With the ManulifeMONEY+™ Visa Infinite* cash back card, we’ll continue to waive your Manulife One monthly fee when you spend $20,000 or more on your credit card each year.
Choose the card that best meets your needs:
- ManulifeMONEY+™ Visa Infinite* cash back card: earn 10% at grocery stores for the first 3 statements, 2% on travel (hotels and airlines) and 1% on everything else4
- ManulifeMONEY+™ Visa* Platinum no annual fee cash back card: earn 5% at grocery stores for the first 3 statements and 1% on everything else4
To apply, call 1-844-859-4516
Renew your term sub-account
Your term sub-account can help protect you from interest rate increases and keep you on track as you pay down your debt. If your term sub-account is up for renewal, think about what's most important to you.
For short-term flexibility – which you may need if you’re planning to move to a new home, or you expect your income level to change – consider a shorter term:
- Fixed: 1-year open
- Fixed: 1-year closed
- Fixed: 2-year closed
- Fixed: 3-year closed
For long-term predictability – if you plan to stick to a disciplined payment schedule over several years – consider a longer term:
- Fixed: 3-year closed
- Fixed: 4-year closed
- Fixed: 5-year closed
- Fixed: 7-year closed
- Fixed: 10-year closed
Ready to renew?
Fill out our online form.
1 You will still have to pay fees for transactions that require additional administrative support and fees charged directly by other institutions, which may include convenience fees for withdrawals made atABMs that don’t display THE EXCHANGE® logo and fees for purchases made with your access card.
2 With term sub-accounts, it matters whether your borrowing limit is below 65% of the value of your home or between 65% and 80% of the value of your home. If your borrowing limit is below 65% of the value of your home, you can make term sub-account payments that either decrease the borrowing limit in your main account or create additional borrowing room in your main account. If your borrowing limit is between 65% and 80% of the value of your home, the amount of borrowing room that’s over 65% must be allocated to a term sub-account and your sub-account payments will decrease the borrowing limit in your main account. For small business owners and people who are using Manulife One to buy an investment property, the amount of borrowing room that’s over 50% of the value of the property must be allocated to a term sub-account and your sub-account payments will decrease the borrowing limit in your main account.
3 Manulife One creditor’s group insurance is administered and underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (life and disability insurance) and First North American Insurance Company (job loss insurance).
4 Conditions apply; visit www.manulifebank.ca/personal-banking/credit-cards for details.
Fees are subject to change with at least 30 days prior written notice. Clients who have chosen not to receive paper statements can find any changes posted online. All fees presented on a per-item basis, unless otherwise stated. Charges are automatically applied to your account.
Fiserv EFT is the owner of THE EXCHANGE® trademark and its associated rights. Fiserv EFT has granted FICANEX® the exclusive right to use, market and sublicense THE EXCHANGE® trademark and the intellectual property rights associated with the operation of THE EXCHANGE® Network throughout Canada. Manulife Bank of Canada is an authorized user of the mark.
Interac®, the Interac logo, and Interac Flash® are all trademarks of Interac Inc. used under license.
We will mail your access card to you within one week of approving and funding your mortgage.
Call 1-877-765-2265 and follow the instructions. We will ask you to enter your access card number and provide two pieces of personal information (e.g., your postal code and birth date).
We will mail you a temporary PIN in a separate envelope from your access card. You can use this temporary PIN at ABMs and to make retail purchases. To change your PIN, visit an ABM that accepts PIN changes.