Congrats on opening your new Advantage Account! Using your account is simple, and here’s everything you need to do to get started.
Access online banking
If you opened your account online, you can sign in with the password you created when opening your account. If you don’t have a password or can’t remember the one you created, call us at 1-877-765-2265.
Download our mobile app
- Check balances and transactions
- Pay bills
- Send and receive Interac e-Transfers®
- Transfer money
- Deposit cheques
For extra security and added convenience, set up Touch ID® or Face ID® on your Apple device, or Fingerprint ID on your Android device.
Go green with e-statements
If you aren't already set to receive e-statements rather than paper statements, click View Statements in online banking, then Edit statement preferences.
Keep a balance of just $1,000 to get free unlimited daily banking, including Interac e-Transfers, debit purchases, bill payments, and withdrawals from thousands of ATMs across Canada.1
Additional services like wire transfers and certified cheques are available. Review our services and fees guide for a full list of services and associated fees.
Many banks make you choose between a great interest rate, no fees, and the ability to bank your way. With the Advantage Account, you get it all. Here are four things you might not know about the Advantage Account.
Set up direct deposit
Transfer your money
To start earning interest on every dollar, the first step is transferring money from your other Canadian bank accounts into your Advantage Account. There are 3 ways to do it:
- Link your accounts at other Canadian banks to your Advantage Account
- Send yourself an Interac e-Transfer
- Write yourself a cheque
Tip: by linking accounts, you can use our online banking website or mobile app to pull money into your Advantage Account from your other Canadian accounts to get our great interest rate on all your cash.
1. Sign into online banking.
2. Under Transfer Funds in the left-side menu, click Link an External Account.
3. Enter the Branch, Institution and Account number for your external bank account.
4. Click Browse to upload an image of a void cheque.
5. Click Next.
6. Review the agreement and click Agree.
7. It will take 2-3 business days for your external account to be linked, so check your account after a few days to see if your accounts have been linked.
1. Sign into the Manulife Bank mobile app.
2. Tap Transfers in the bottom menu.
3. Tap Link an external account.
4. Enter the Transit, Institution and Account number for your external bank account.
5. Tap Upload Image to upload an image of a void cheque.
6. Tap Next.
7. Review the agreement and tap Agree.
8. It will take 2-3 business days for your external account to be linked, so check your account after a few days to see if your accounts have been linked.
Pay your bills
Make a list of all the automatic withdrawals or bill payments from your old account with this tracking guide, then add them to your Advantage Account using online banking or the mobile app.
You can also set up recurring payments, so you never miss a due date.
Getting your PIN
As soon as your account is opened, we’ll mail you a bank card. You’ll receive your PIN separately, within 5 days of getting your card. Once you have your PIN, you can change it at thousands of ATMs across Canada.
Use your card and PIN to make debit purchases. After your first debit purchase, you can tap to make in-store purchases of up to $250 using Interac® Debit contactless payments. You can also get money with in-store cash back from participating retailers.
Withdrawals and deposits
You can also use your card to withdraw cash from thousands of bank machines across Canada. Withdrawals from ATMs on THE EXCHANGE® Network are free, but ATMs on other networks may charge their own convenience fees.
Here are the default daily limits for different transaction types:
- ATM withdrawal: $1,200/day
- Point of sale/debit transactions, including in-store cash back: $3,000/day
- Outgoing transfers: $50,000
- Interac e-Transfer: $3,000/transfer, $3,000/day, $10,000/week, and $20,000/month
These apply to most people, however, there are situations where individual limits may be different. Our limits are in place for your protection and to comply with regulations.
If you have questions about your transaction limits or need to exceed that limit, give us a call.
As a Manulife Bank customer, you have fee-free access to thousands of ATMs across Canada that are part of THE EXCHANGE Network. Use our ATM locator to find the nearest bank machine, and see which of these machines accept deposits and which are withdrawal-only.
Note: ATM transaction fees may still apply for specific products or transactions.
In addition to ATMs bearing THE EXCHANGE Network logo, you can also make withdrawals at any ATM bearing the Interac logo. However, you may be charged additional fees for ATMs that don't have THE EXCHANGE Network logo.
You can also get money with in-store cash back from participating retailers.
When you deposit money into your account, there’s generally a hold on the money to allow time for the money to get to your account. This means you can’t access some or all of your deposit right away. The amount and duration of the hold depends on the type of deposit you make:
Cash, cheques, or Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs) from another Canadian bank or financial institution
There are a few reasons where the maximum hold limits listed above may be extended:
- Your account is less than 90 days old
- A cheque you deposited has already been deposited somewhere else
- The date on a cheque you deposited is more than six months ago
- Cases where we believe there may be illegal, fraudulent, or improper account activity
We can also accept deposits from you on a ‘collection-only basis’. This means that the money will show up in your account after we get payment from the other bank or financial institution you’re sending it from.
Unless your account is newer than 90 days old, you should be able to use up to $100 of your deposit the next business day. To confirm, check the Available Balance for your account.
1 Everyday banking fees for ATM cash withdrawals, bill payments, Interac Debit, and Interac e-Transfers are waived when the account balance is $1,000 or more. All other everyday withdrawal and deposit transactions are free at any balance. Other convenience fees may apply to withdrawals made at ATMs that are not part of THE EXCHANGE® Network.
®Trademark of Interac Corp. Used under licence.