Your savings are safer because we’re CDIC members
Manulife Bank of Canada and Manulife Trust Company are members of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation(CDIC). That means your eligible deposits with us are insured up to a maximum of $100,000 (principal and interest combined) in each of seven categories. The categories – every one of which is separately entitled to up to $100,000 in protection – include:
- Deposits held in one name
- Deposits held in more than one name (e.g., in a joint account)
- Deposits held in an Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Deposits held in a Tax Free Savings Account
- Deposits held in a Registered Retirement Income Fund
Eligible deposits that we offer include:
- Advantage Account (Canadian dollar)
- Business Advantage Account (Canadian dollar)
- Guaranteed Investment Certificates
- Investment Savings Account
The premiums we pay to the CDIC ensure that you will be reimbursed up to the maximum if a member institution fails. You don’t have to apply for deposit insurance – eligible deposits held with us are automatically protected.
Only deposits held in Canadian currency, having a term of five years or less and payable in Canada, are eligible to be insured under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act.