Bank your way with a combined savings and chequing Advantage Account
Combine your banking to get the flexibility of a chequing account with the high interest of a savings account.
Advantage Account rate*1
You'll also get:
- High interest on every dollar in your account, with no minimum balance required
- Free unlimited everyday banking transactions when you keep just $1,000 in your account
- Easy access to your money from more than 3,500 ABMs, plus online and mobile banking
Rates & fees
Our Advantage Account offers a high interest rate on all your money:
Advantage Account rate*1
With our Advantage Account, there are no monthly fees, and no fees to deposit or transfer money. Other services and fees include:
|Transferring money from your account at another Canadian bank||No charge|
|Direct deposit||No charge|
|ABM deposits||No charge|
|Mobile cheque deposit||No charge|
These fees are waived when you maintain a balance of $1,000.
|Transferring money to your account at another Canadian bank||No charge|
|Pre-authorized withdrawal||No charge|
|Withdrawals in Canada at ABMs that are part of THE EXCHANGE® Network||No charge|
|Withdrawals in Canada at ABMs that aren't part of THE EXCHANGE® Network||$1.50|
|ABM withdrawal outside of Canada||$3.00|
|Debit card purchase||$1.00|
|Sending an Interac e-Transfer2||$1.00|
|Writing cheques||No charge|
Additional services such as wire transfers and official cheques (in lieu of certified cheques) are also available. Please review our Services and Fee Guide for a complete list of all services and associated fees.
- Fees are subject to change with at least 30 days of prior written notice. If you don’t receive paper statements, you can find all fee information online.
- All fees are presented on a per item basis, unless otherwise stated.
- Charges are automatically applied to your account.
- Additional convenience fees may apply when you make direct-payment purchases with your debit card.
* 3.25% promotional rate is for a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account. The promotional interest rate is made up of the regular posted annual variable interest rate of 1.50% and the variable annual promotional rate of 1.75%. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on net new deposits for the first 182 days (6 months) after account opening to a maximum of $500,000. Any change to the regular interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest rate. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other offers. The offer and rates are as of April 30, 2019 and subject to change without notice. Click here for full terms and conditions and visit manulifebank.ca for current rates.
1Interest is calculated on the closing daily balance and paid monthly.
2®Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license. Fiserv EFT is the owner of THE EXCHANGE® trademark and its associated rights. Fiserv EFT has granted FICANEX® the exclusive right to use, market and sublicense THE EXCHANGE® trademark and the intellectual property rights associated with the operation of THE EXCHANGE® Network throughout Canada. Manulife Bank of Canada is an authorized user of the mark.
3Manulife Bank is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), which means your deposits are eligible for CDIC deposit insurance protection. Visit cdic.ca for information on eligible deposits.
If you want to make your account joint, it's easy to add someone to your Manulife Bank account. If the person you want to add isn't yet a Manulife Bank client, they'll need to open an account online. Once that's done or if they're already a Manulife Bank client, we'll add them to your account if you both give us a call.
How do I transfer to or from my account at another bank?
answer: Bank to bank fund transfers are a quick and easy way to move money to and from your accounts with other Canadian banks.
To make bank-to-bank transfers, you'll need link your Manulife Bank account with your other accounts. If you provided a void cheque or initial deposit when you opened your Advantage Account, that link has been established. If you don’t already have the account linked, print, complete, sign, and send us this fund transfer agreement to connect your accounts. Once your accounts are linked, you can transfer funds using online, mobile, or telephone banking.
All your everyday transaction fees are waived when you maintain an account balance of just $1,000. If you don't keep the minimum balance, some transaction fees will apply (though bank-to-bank transfers are always free!)
You may also like ...
High-interest Tax-Free Savings Account
Whether you're saving for a big-ticket purchase, a new home, your retirement, or an emergency fund, build your savings faster in an account that doesn’t tax the growth on your investments.
A high-interest US$ savings account
With our US$ Advantage Account you can earn a competitive interest rate on your money - without locking it in. There's no minimum deposit required and you can access your money anytime through our mobile banking app, secure online banking or via telephone banking.
A high-interest business savings account
Our Business Advantage Account complements your traditional business operating account and offers a high interest rate on every dollar you deposit. You can access your money when you need it through mobile, online, and telephone banking, or with pre-authorized bill payments and cheques.