How to switch to a Manulife Bank Advantage Account
Once you’ve opened an Advantage Account with Manulife Bank, you can switch over your banking in four simple steps:
1. Make a list of all the automatic deposits and withdrawals from your old bank account(s)
2. Move each of these automatic transactions to your Manulife Bank Advantage Account:
- For direct deposits, contact the income provider and give them a personalized void cheque; you may also want to include this direct deposit form with the void cheque
- For pre-authorized payments, contact the company you need to pay and give them a personalized void cheque or your account details
Note: If you didn’t request cheques with your account, you can get a void cheque through online banking by logging into manulifebank.ca and selecting “print a void cheque” in the main menu.
3. Move the money from your old bank account(s) to your Manulife Bank Advantage Account:
- Set up an Interac® e-Transfer
- Write a cheque from your old bank account
4. Close your old bank account(s) – contact the financial institution(s) and request they close your account(s)
That’s all there is to it! Now you’re ready to take advantage of all the great features Manulife Bank has to offer.
Interac®, the Interac logo and Interac Flash® are all trademarks of Interac Inc., used under license.