Ready to bank? Get out your access card! With your access card in hand, you can:
- Log in to online, mobile and telephone banking
- Make debit payments with millions of merchants worldwide, including using Interac Flash®
- Make ABM deposits wherever you see the Manulife Bank or THE EXCHANGE® symbol
- Make ABM withdrawals wherever you see the Interac®, Maestro®, Cirrus®, THE EXCHANGE® or ACCEL ®symbols
Manulife ABMs are bullfrogpowered®with 100% green electricity so, when you choose one, you’re reducing your environmental footprint.
Click your mouse to pay a bill or move your money. Send an Interac e-Transfer® from work. Order cheques without leaving home. With Manulife Bank’s secure online banking, you can do all your banking from any computer, whenever you choose.
How to get started
- Activate your card: It’s quick and easy – just call us at 1-877-765-2265.
- Watch for your PIN: It will be mailed to you separately within five business days. If you don’t get it, give us a call.
- Sign the back of your card: This is a good chance to practice your autograph.
- Activate Interac Flash®: Before you can use Interac Flash, you’ll first need to make a debit purchase using your using your chip and PIN1.
How to make debit payments
- For small purchases (under $100): If the merchant accepts Interac Flash, Hold your access card over the card reader
- For large purchases (over $100) and when the merchant doesn’t accept Interac Flash: Insert your access card into the card reader and enter your PIN
- For your protection, a PIN is required for every $200 you spend using Interac Flash
- When you see the ACCEL® or Maestro symbol: Insert your access card into the card reader and enter your PIN2
- We recommend that you travel with more than one way to pay, including cash
- When you see the MasterCard, Maestro or Cirrus symbols: Insert your access card into the card reader and enter your PIN 2
- We recommend that you travel with more than one way to pay, including cash, because not all merchants in other countries accept MasterCard, Maestro or Cirrus payments
How to withdraw and deposit at ABMs
- When you see the Manulife Bank or THE EXCHANGE® symbol: Withdraw and deposit with no surcharges. See which ABMs accept deposits.
- Manulife Bank ABMs are available in select Mac’s, Couche-Tard and Circle K convenience stores.
- At any other ABM: Withdraw and pay a convenience fee3; you cannot make deposits at these ABMs.
- When you see the ACCEL® symbol: Withdraw cash in U.S. dollars.2
- We recommend that you travel with more than one way to pay, including cash, because not all ABMs in the United States have the ACCEL®symbol.
- When you see the MasterCard, Maestro or Cirrus symbols: Withdraw cash in the local currency2
- We recommend that you travel with more than one way to pay, including cash, because not all ABMs in other countries have the Cirrus symbol
- The ABM provider will charge a convenience fee
How to protect your PIN
Always keep your PIN secret. If your access card is lost, stolen or retained by an ABM, or if you believe someone else knows your PIN, call us at 1-877-765-2265 right away.
- Use your hand or body to shield your PIN at ABMs and in stores
- Never let your access card out of your sight when conducting a transaction
- Only allow your card to be swiped once
- Always take your access card and transaction record with you after you complete a transaction
- Regularly check your statements and balances and call us if you notice missing or extra transactions
To help prevent fraud, Manulife Bank’s team of fraud specialists reviews daily transactions looking for unusual account activity. In a proven case of fraud, you are protected by the Canadian Code of Practice for Debit Card Services and will not suffer any financial losses. You are also covered by the Interac Zero Liability Policy, which provides 100% reimbursement for losses. Keep in mind that you could be liable for losses if you tell someone else your PIN.
You can change your access card PIN at select Manulife Bank and THE EXCHANGE Network ABMs in Canada – whether you have an existing, new, replacement or temporary card. The new PIN is effective immediately at ABMs and for debit purchases.
How to get a new access card or PIN
You will automatically receive a new access card when you open a Manulife One account, Advantage Account or line of credit. If you need a replacement access card, call us at 1-877-765-2265.
If you forget your PIN and need to set up a new one, call us at 1-877-765-2265 and we will mail you a new PIN.
How to travel safely with your debit card
- Call us before you leave to avoid holds on your access card prompted by transactions that look unusual or suspicious
- Travel with more than one way to pay, including cash, because not all ABMs and merchants will accept your access card
- If you need to reach us and toll-free calling isn’t available from your phone, call Manulife Bank collect at 1-519-747-7000, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm ET
1 If an Interac Flash® purchase is above $100, you’ll need to insert your card and enter your PIN. If you wish, you can call us to switch off the Interac Flash® feature on your card.
2 When using your card outside Canada, a convenience fee may be charged when using THE EXCHANGE ABMs or when making a debit transaction at a vendor displaying the ACCEL logo.
3 When using your access card at an ABM that does not have the Manulife Bank or THE EXCHANGE logos, a convenience fee may be charged by the ABM provider.
Interac®, the Interac logo and Interac Flash® are all trademarks of Interac Inc. used under license.
Fiserv EFT is the owner of THE EXCHANGE® trade mark and its associated rights. Fiserv EFT has granted FICANEX® the exclusive right to use, market and sublicense THE EXCHANGE® trade mark and the intellectual property rights associated with the operation of THE EXCHANGE® Network throughout Canada.
Manulife Bank of Canada is an authorized user of the mark MASTERCARD®, MAESTRO® CIRRUS® are MasterCard Worldwide Registered Trademarks, licensed for use in Canada by Manulife Bank. ACCEL®
Interac Flash lets you pay for purchases up to $100 at participating Canadian retailers by simply holding or tapping your Manulife Bank access card against the payment terminal, instead of entering a PIN or providing your signature.
Interac Flash uses secure chip processing, which is the most secure card payment method available. Secure chip processing never relies on the card’s magnetic stripe to transmit data, and prevents unauthorized users from copying or accessing the information on your card when using chip-enabled payment terminals or ABMs.
The per-transaction and total limits on the Interac Flash payments provide an extra layer of protection. And, as an added benefit, all Interac debit and Interac Flash transactions are covered by the Interac Zero Liability Policy, which protects you against losses from unauthorized activity on your accounts.
You can use Interac Flash to pay for any single purchase up to $100 at a participating retailer. If you try to pay for a purchase of more than $100 by Interac Flash, you will be prompted to insert your access card and enter your PIN as you would for a regular Interac debit payment.
For added security, you will also be prompted to insert your access card and enter your PIN whenever your Interac Flash purchases reach a total of $200 since the last time you entered your PIN. To re-activate Interac Flash if this occurs, simply complete a debit purchase using your PIN. Your spend counter will reset to zero and you will be able to pay by Interac Flash again.
Any purchase made with Interac Flash will be debited from the primary account associated with your Manulife Bank access card. If you have more than one account associated with your access card, your chequing account will be debited. If you need to change which account is debited, call us.
Contactless purchasing is safe, convenient and popular. That’s why we automatically enable Interac Flash on your access card. However, it’s an optional feature, so you can call us anytime to turn it off – or, if you change your mind, to turn it back on.
Retailers provide receipts upon request for purchases made using Interac Flash, just as they do for Interac debit transactions.
Call us at 1-877-765-2265 to activate your card. Then watch for your PIN, which will arrive separately by mail. If your access card replaces a previous access card with the same number, you can keep the same PIN. Once you have your PIN, make a debit purchase at a retailer with an Interac Flash enabled terminal. When you insert your card and enter your PIN, you will activate Interac Flash for any subsequent purchases, wherever it’s available.