Congrats on opening your new All-In Banking Package! Using your account is simple, and here’s everything you need to do to get started.
Access online banking
Sign in with the password you created when opening your account. If you don’t have a password or can’t remember the one you created, call us at 1-877-765-2265.
Download our award-winning mobile app
- Check balances and transactions
- Pay bills
- Send and receive Interac e-Transfers®
- Transfer money
- Deposit cheques
- Set up Savings Sweeps
The app also includes MAI, your own virtual financial assistant. MAI is an AI-powered chatbot that can answer questions about your account, provide insights on your spending habits, and help you learn about personal finance. Look for the chat icon when you open the app to start asking MAI questions about your account.
For extra security and added convenience, set up Touch ID® or Face ID® on your Apple device, or Fingerprint ID on your Android device.
Your All-In Banking Package includes unlimited daily banking, like Interac e-Transfers, debit purchases, bill payments, and withdrawals from thousands of ATMs across Canada, for just $10 a month. But, if you save $100 a month, we’ll waive the $10 fee. Here’s how it works:
- At the end of every month, if the balance in your High Interest Savings Account is $100 higher than the balance on the last day of the previous month, we’ll waive the monthly fee.
- For example, if your High-Interest Savings Account balance is $1,000 on June 30th, you need to save $100 so the balance is $1,100 on July 31st to bank for free. Easy peasy.
Additional services like wire transfers and certified cheques are available for an additional fee – here’s the full list of services and fees.
Set up direct deposit
Direct deposit is the fastest way to get your pay into your account. Give your employer this direct deposit form and a void cheque – which you can download and print from online banking after you sign in.
Transfer your money
To start earning interest on every dollar, the first step is transferring money from your other Canadian bank accounts into your High Interest Savings Account. There are 3 ways to do it:
- Link your accounts at other Canadian banks to your All-In Banking Package
- Send yourself an Interac e-Transfer
- Write yourself a cheque
Tip: by linking accounts, you can use our online banking website or mobile app to pull money into your All-In Banking Package from your other Canadian bank accounts to get our great interest rate on all your savings.
1. Sign into online banking.
2. Under Transfer Funds in the left-side menu, click Link an External Account.
3. Enter the Branch, Institution and Account number for your external bank account.
4. Click Browse to upload an image of a void cheque.
5. Click Next.
6. Review the agreement and click Agree.
7. It will take 2-3 business days for your external account to be linked, so check your account after a few days to see if your accounts have been linked.
1. Sign into the Manulife Bank mobile app
2. Tap Transfers in the bottom menu
3. Tap Link an external account
4. Enter the Transit, Institution, and Account numbers for your external bank account
5. Tap Upload Image to upload an image of a void cheque
6. Tap Next
7. Review the agreement and tap Agree
8. It will take 2-3 business days for your external account to be linked
Automate your savings
Put your excess cash to work with Savings Sweeps. You set how much money you want to keep on hand for everyday needs, and the rest is automatically moved into your High-Interest Savings Account every night.
Prefer to line up your savings with your paycheques? Set up recurring transfers to move a set amount of money into your savings account every month.
Remember, if you grow the balance of your savings account by $100 each month, we’ll waive your monthly fee!
When you don’t have enough available cash in your Everyday Banking account, but you do have money in your High-Interest Savings Account (HISA), secured overdraft can help you avoid non-sufficient funds (NSF) charges if you forget about an automatic withdrawal or an unexpected expense pops up.
Your secured overdraft limit is 75% of the balance in your HISA. For example, if you have $1,000 in your HISA, you can overdraw your Everyday Banking Account by up to $750.
The annual interest rate for the secured overdraft is 15%. It's calculated on the total daily closing balance and charged monthly. The rates are subject to change without notice.
Pay your bills
Make a list of all the automatic withdrawals or bill payments from your old account, then add them to your All-In Banking Package using the mobile app or online banking. You can also set up recurring payments so you never miss a due date.
As soon as your account is opened, we’ll mail you a bank card. You’ll receive your PIN separately, within 5 days of getting your card. Once you have the PIN, you can change it at thousands of ATMs across Canada. Follow these steps to start using your card:
- Activate your card: when you get your card, call us at 1-877-765-2265.
- Watch for your PIN: we'll mail your pin separately within five business days. If you don’t get it, give us a call.
- Sign the back of your card: this is a good chance to practice your autograph.
- Activate Interac Flash®: after you make a debit purchase using your chip and PIN, you can tap to pay for purchases of up to $100 using Interac Flash.
You can also use your card to deposit and withdraw cash from thousands of bank machines across Canada. Withdrawals from ATMs on THE EXCHANGE® Network are free, but ATMs on other networks may charge their own convenience fees.
When shopping, you can get money with in-store cash back from participating retailers.
Here are the default daily limits for different transaction types:
- ATM withdrawal: $1,200/day
- Point of sale/debit transactions, including in-store cash back: $3,000/day
- Outgoing transfers: $50,000
- Interac e-Transfers: $3,000/transfer, $3,000/day, $10,000/week, and $20,000/month
These apply to most people, however, there are situations where individual limits may be different. Our limits are in place for your protection and to comply with regulations.
If you have questions about your transaction limits or need to exceed that limit, give us a call.
As a Manulife Bank customer, you have fee-free access to thousands of ATMs across Canada that are part of THE EXCHANGE Network. Use our ATM locator to find the nearest bank machine, and see which of these machines accept deposits and which are withdrawal-only.
Note: ATM transaction fees may still apply for specific products or transactions.
In addition to ATMs bearing THE EXCHANGE Network logo, you can also make withdrawals at any ATM bearing the Interac logo. However, you may be charged additional fees for ATMs that don't have THE EXCHANGE Network logo.
You can also get money with in-store cash back from participating retailers.
When you deposit money into your account, there’s generally a hold on the money to allow time for the money to get to your account. This means you can’t access some or all of your deposit right away. The amount and duration of the hold depends on the type of deposit you make:
Cash, cheques, or Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs) from another Canadian bank or financial institution
Cheques or other deposits from an American bank or financial institution
Cheques or other deposits from any other foreign bank or financial institution
There are a few reasons where the maximum hold limits listed above may be extended:
- Your account is less than 90 days old
- A cheque you deposited has already been deposited somewhere else
- The date on a cheque you deposited is more than six months ago
- Cases where we believe there may be illegal, fraudulent, or improper account activity
We can also accept deposits from you on a ‘collection-only basis’. This means that the money will show up in your account after we get payment from the other bank or financial institution you’re sending it from.
Unless your account is newer than 90 days old, you should be able to use up to $100 of your deposit the next business day. To confirm, check the Available Balance for your account.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Apple, Face ID, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Interac®, the Interac logo and Interac Flash® are all trademarks of Interac Inc., used under license.
Fiserv EFT is the owner of THE EXCHANGE® trademark and its associated rights. Fiserv EFT has granted FICANEX® the exclusive right to use, market and sublicense THE EXCHANGE® trademark and the intellectual property rights associated with the operation of THE EXCHANGE® Network throughout Canada. Manulife Bank of Canada is an authorized user of the mark.
Manulife, Manulife Bank & Stylized M Design, and Stylized M Design are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it, and by its affiliates under license.