Changes to the general terms or operating agreement for your account
June 20, 2022
Federal regulators have been consolidating consumer protection legislation that protects bank customers. Although much of this legislation has been in effect for years, several enhancements have also been introduced, so we’ve revised some of our legal documents to capture them.
Mortgage customers: operating agreements for new mortgages now list all associated fees, which up to now were provided in a separate schedule. Two new fees have been added.
- For settlement of defaults over the life of the mortgage, such as tax or condo arrears, a $500 fee will apply.
- For administering insurance cancellations or obtaining a blanket insurance policy issued to Manulife Bank, a $500 fee may be applied every 3 months.
You may want to take a minute now to download and save up-to-date general terms for your files.
ManulifeMONEY+TM Visa* Cardholders, you received a letter summarizing changes to your Cardholder Agreement. Here’s where to get the updated version:
For all accounts, the revised general terms or operating agreement will include one or more of the following updates:
- Introducing our new email alerts service
- Clarifying that notices we mail to you are deemed to be received (5) business days after mailing
- Renaming Manulife Bank’s “Client Dispute Resolution Office”, formerly known as the “Ombudsman’s Office”
We encourage you to download and save up-to-date copies of these documents for your records.
Manulife, Manulife Bank & Stylized M Design, Stylized M Design and ManulifeMONEY+, are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it, and by its affiliates under license.
*Trademark of Visa Int., used under license.